Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Jumping in with both feet

I decided to try new things and bought myself a painting kit to learn to paint with Bob Ross.  He makes happy trees and pretty birds from blobs that land on the canvas.  I set my goal to take more pictures....so far not so good.  I am meeting other challenges.  DH (Darling Husband) hurt his back back at the first of December.  Our focus was getting the care he needed to heal.  Out of work is tough on him.  I am sewing and helping others.  That feels good.  I am working on writing more, reading more blogs and sharing on Facebook things that are beautiful or thought provoking.  Today I talked to students about what they need to be to become computer techs some of the tips I offered:

Ask questions
Learn how to work with angry people
Strengthen your integrity
Learn from others
Be compassionate when helping others
Be prepared to be blamed....it may not be your fault but you will be blamed.
Shift that blame to the computer...it really is the computer's fault and you won't hurt the computers feelings by blaming the computer.

I talked for about 45 minutes.  I was open, honest, and down to Earth about the challenges of working in the computer industry.  Now that I think about it, I worked hard for 14 years trying to bring order out of the chaos generated by computers that misbehave.  I am not backing down from the challenge to grow in 2019.

Inching along

No comments: