Saturday, January 6, 2018

Last week of Vacation

For school, I have two weeks of Winter Break.  This past week I tackled a job that I have put off for years.  I didn't make a huge dent in the project but I do see progress for the first time.  This is not a New Year resolution.  Far more important it is a change I am instigating in my behalf.  I deserve a place to create my art work.  As long as I can't move around my sewing room except by small path ways it does not help me to be the best I can be.  Sewing the costumes for the play I learned 2 things.  Organizing my time carefully I have more time than I ever dreamed.  I love sewing again.  I fell out of love with sewing when I made it my job.  The year I sewed for 9 plays in one year, my family nearly divorced me.  I was so focused on producing what someone else wanted I didn't have time for my own family.  Staying away from sewing for years was easy when my legs swell up to painful proportions.  Four months ago I started cleaning soy out of my diet.  During my costume time, I sewed for hours with only minimal swelling that by taking frequent breaks almost completely disappeared.  I am changing my diet because without soy I am feeling better.  I am changing my environment because I deserve a place to grow and create.  I am changing my perspective because that is a fairly predictable occurrence when I change how I view myself.  I deserve better than what I am giving myself.  The only way to make my space and life better is to change how I treat myself.  Change will occur, because I am setting in motion the behaviors that create that change.  I love the meme going around online that congratulates everyone on 2018 and asks what they predict for the year.  The other character says 2018 will have flowers, because they are planting seeds.  I predict that I will see positive changes this year because I am setting them in motion for my benefit.  I am enjoying creating art.  I want to continue.  I need a space and my materials available.  I need to change my space to fulfill what I need with my life.  I am embracing change. 





No comments: