Sunday, August 19, 2018

New Directions

Every year I get a new assignment at school.  Years past it would stress me out.  I dislike change, especially change I have no control over.  This summer I contemplated the dilemma of changing assignments every year.  I had no doubt change would happen just like it has for the last 7 years.  Fairly good indicator that change is here to stay.  I learned in nature that although constant change occurs it usually has some element that remains the same.  So I looked for the similarities in the the changes.  I finally found it.  No matter what program I am assigned to there are students that need help in understanding the content.  My talent is reading directions and explaining it in a variety of ways.  If I know the person I am explaining things to I can tailor the explanation to them.

Change arrived, I am working in Auto repair, film, and one-on-one with a student.  I was assured last Friday since someone else was hired that I will be changed again in one week.  Another new thing I am doing is treating the assignment that I am in as if I will stay all year.  When I get changed to a new assignment I do the same thing there.  There are opportunities all around me to help others.  Where I help doesn't matter.  The fact that I can help in a variety of ways makes it possible for them to move me to where ever there is a place to fill.  

I am very proud of the fact that I passed the Auto safety test right along with the students.  Facing new challenges every year is giving me an opportunity to look at change in a new way.  Bring it on. 


1 comment:

Janet said...

You are incredible!