Monday, November 12, 2018

Intense video

I am glad I took the time to watch it. 

https://www.facebook.com/bbctwo/videos/1634674403309643/

Little Girls Don't Stay Little Forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL9NYwsWfjE

This is not for those easily upset about talk about girls being abused.  This is not for those that are offended by swear words.  This is not for those that want abused little girls to grow up to be compliant silent victims.  This is a battle cry from the depths of injustice perpetuated on little girls.  I am a big believer in change and I chose not to use my power to destroy.  However, my counselor made it very clear to me that I had that power.  I needed to decide how I would direct it.  The man that abused me was sent to jail.  Not on my testimony but by the testimony of others that were also abused.  He went to prison in the 1980's when proving child abuse was extremely difficult.  There was sufficient evidence to convict him.  He is dead now but the culture that protected evil doers like him persists.  The young woman in the video talks about the list girls are given a list of things that they cannot do.  I worked at destroying that list.  I worked cleaning and caring for a city park.  I worked as a computer tech for 10 years.  I am good at it.  But I didn't fit the mold of what they expected.  I grew up.  I recognize the fierce rage from being told that what happened to me by cruel boys was "Boys will be boys."  Some how that made it all right to have my hair pulled, hit, purposely frightened for their entertainment.  I recognize the boiling rage that builds from years of staying quiet.  I chose another route.  I work at a school where I have the opportunity to show teenage girls that they can be A+  computer certified.  I talk to the classes about surviving abuse and there is life after an abuser is through with you.  I never confronted the man that went to jail.  But I work to live as if he never existed. 


No comments: