Friday, December 28, 2018

Learn from Others

I discovered that I can learn from others and their challenges....

https://rebootcamp.militarytimes.com/vet-stars/2018/07/05/heres-how-white-house-chef-rush-is-using-internet-fame-and-24-inch-biceps-to-help-fellow-vets/

Sometimes there is less than friendly rivalry between those with PTSD from combat experiences and those that live with CPTSD from long term repeated trauma.  However, the thing is we can learn a lot from each other.  I am thankful for the article that encouraged me to try martial arts.  I blew it off as something for the military.  The Lord kindly nudged me and reminded me He sent an answer why not try it?  I did.  Karate with our city parks and recreation.  I was unprepared for being asked why I was taking the class.  I answered totally honestly that I had PTSD and it was recommended to try some form of martial arts.  I am now 4 years doing martial arts and love it.  I am a purple stripe in Chinese Kempo and signed up again for next year.  I learned from karate that I can control my body and I can do really hard stuff.  I also learned that in this environment this is no failure, only do it again.  Keep on doing it until I can.  Exploring and learning what works for me takes me to places I never been doing things I've never done before.  Karate, pour painting, photography, crocheting, and a bunch of other stuff.  My theory is if life is easy, I haven't tried anything new lately.


No comments: