Friday, December 27, 2013

Year end inventory


Whenever you find yourself doubting if you can go on, just remember how far you’ve come. REMEMBER everything you have faced, all the battles you have won and all the fears you have overcome. Then RAISE your head high and forge ahead, knowing YOU GOT THIS! — Unknown

http://positiveoutlooksblog.com/2013/12/17/raise-you-head-and-forge-ahead/

Facebook quote....know one knows where it originated:
 I have survived 100% of my bad days.

After Christmas and before New Year's Day, I try to assess the past year.  I evaluate my progress, what changes I made, what worked, what didn't, to prepare to go into the New Year.  I don't set New Year's Resolutions because I hate that shattering sound that happens somewhere in the first few weeks of the year.  I do set goals sort of but not the kind that says....I will read X number of books before next year.  Most of my life came in fragmented pieces with no sense of continuity. Survival didn't have me looking much farther than the next few minutes.  Things like long term goals were too overwhelming.  However, last May I set a huge goal to loose 50 lbs  by next May.  I already lost 40 lbs.  I changed the way I eat and my exercises.  I am also changing my perspective of myself.  I decided that long term goals are deliberate changes in my life to improve.  Thriving is growing dynamic adventure, that 10 years ago I didn't even know what it was.  Now, it is an every day occurrence. I like it...a lot.



1 comment:

Judy said...

I think I saw that quote on "The Positive Outlook Blog." They didn't source anyone.