Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Inspiration Motivation

"Don't drink the Kool-Aid"

What do these three things have in common?

For several weeks I've struggled with what to write, so I spaced out my scribblings hoping something would come together.  Yesterday I read Roots2Blossom awesome blog on getting motivated right now.  https://roots2blossom.wordpress.com/2017/02/06/get-motivated-right-now/
Sometimes I feel so unmotivated....my getup and go, got up and went without me. 

Another post by someone else was inspirational, probably my sister, but I didn't save the link.  My heart felt lighter.

Then the third one wrote about making choices and not just following the crowd like lemmings.  Only the guy did his homework to find out that lemmings leaping off the cliffs was a Disney hoax, for which they got sued.  Immediately what came to mind was "Don't drink the Kool-Aid".  This was news when I was a teenager.  A bunch of people followed Jim Jones to their death by drinking poisoned Kool-Aid.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AwrTcd1RsZpYFGAAXConnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByNWU4cGh1BGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?qid=20101219173652AAuoOIm

What a combination. 

What do I get out of this?

Choose carefully who inspires me and what motivates me and make sure that someone isn't giving me funny tasting Kool-aid. 


2 comments:

Tundra Woman said...

Don't forget you were off your thyroid meds for 5 weeks. It's gonna take awhile to get youreves back up, Ruth.
TW

Ruth said...

Thanks TW.