Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Meditation

I try to sit quietly and all chaos breaks out in my head....I find process art far more effective at creating a place to explore inner peace.  My inner peace is more like crashing cymbals and fire works.  However, I know many people that find meditation a blissful way to zone out and find peace. 

Anyway, I came across this link that explains the workings and how-to for meditation.  I read it over and I may attempt it some day.  I need to be in very safe stable environment to try to mess with my mind.  For me, it is like the moment I hold still and try to quiet my mind all this 'stuff'  both positive and negative come screaming at me. 

Maybe I need to apply what I learned with coping.  I can do anything for 5 minutes. 



Japa Prayer  http://www.sonima.com/yoga/sanskrit-mantras/






1 comment:

Judy said...

I remember my yoga teacher talking about visualizing a flickering candle at the front of my brain, or some other unmovable object. Focus on the object. The brain will wander, at first. It takes practice. Let it wander and gently guide it back. It was also a lesson in being gentle with myself. I wasn't to yank myself back, just gently guide myself back. She was a great teacher. I tried other yoga classes after her but never received the same benefit.