Thursday, June 30, 2016

Introvert

Working at the high school I took classes on understanding teenagers.  (Good luck with that.)  What I encountered was information on what an introvert is.  I believed the same myths listed in the article.  As I become healthier, I realize that some of my choices and behaviors have less to do with PTSD and more with being an introvert.  I can be outgoing and talkative so I didn't realize that I might me until I answered all the questions for introvert preferences.  Since them I learned more and more about introvert personalities.  Now that I am one personality I am working at discovering just who I am. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/09/01/introvert-myths_n_3569058.html

The article explains why each of these is false.  Enjoy.

1. All introverts are shy — and all shy people are introverts.
2. Introverts don’t like to be around people.
3. Introverts don’t make good leaders or public speakers.
4. Introverts have more negative personalities.
5. Introverts are more intellectual or creative than extroverts.
6. It’s easy to tell whether someone is introverted or extroverted.

One of the things I learned is that introvert is kind of like a basic operating system.  Hard to change but can be modified as needed. 


No comments: