Sunday, October 2, 2016

The Hurrier I go.....

The behinder I get....

Lewis Carol quotes crop up from time to time.  This suits me very well right now.  I am recovering from yet another injury.  This time my foot put me out of commission.  I had to cancel several activities but a flood of other things fills that space.  One of the enjoyable things was a couple of weeks ago our church women's group got together with an artist and painted.  Yup, I produced a picture in about an hour and a half.  I've done three more since then.  I don't need to do one more thing on my list.  I don't need to paint at all.  I am studying an art therapy course online.  Part of what art, such as painting can do for me, is to provide time to meditate. What I decided was that I deny myself the pleasurable things in life as some sort of weird self punishment.  I am choosing to put these activities back into my life.  I am starting one piece at a time.  The art articles are accurate for me.  Painting allows a time for meditation.  It lets my mind focus somewhere else while I keep my hands busy.  I am enjoying the pleasure of producing something pleasing. 




No comments: