Thursday, May 24, 2018

No Data mining by me

Hi everyone,
You've seen the notices everywhere you go stating in one form or another how your information will be used.  Here is what blogger posted on my post page:


European Union laws require you to give European Union visitors information about cookies used and data collected on your blog. In many cases, these laws also require you to obtain consent.
As a courtesy, we have added a notice on your blog to explain Google's use of certain Blogger and Google cookies, including use of Google Analytics and AdSense cookies, and other data collected by Google.

You are responsible for confirming this notice actually works for your blog, and that it displays. If you employ other cookies, for example by adding third party features, this notice may not work for you. If you include functionality from other providers there may be extra information collected from your users.

Learn more about this notice and your responsibilities.



To let you know, I see your email address when you comment using your name.  I do not post your email address.  I do not sell your email address.  I allow any person that desires to post anonymously.  I check every comment before approving it for post.  So if someone anonymously tells me what a horrible human being I am, I will delete it.  Just so you know. 

I also do not have any, I mean zero control over what ads show up on my blog page.  I cannot afford to go ad free so any ads you see are by Blogger/Google with their data collection and making ads suited to your browsing.  If you want to mess with Blogger, do a search for a friend or something totally random to change what you get for ads.  This can be quite entertaining. 

I do not use 3rd party cookies.  I do not collect data.  I appreciate comments and please be aware that Blogger collects your information to let me know how many people in each country visit my blog.  I learned from this that people all over the world view my blog.  Thank you.  The data collection is done by Blogger in compliance to whatever country you are from because they do not want a law suit.  I have no forms.  No contact information or anything else required to visit my page.  If you do not want blogger to collect your data you can send me a message through a comment and I will gladly send the post in an email.  But you will have to provide the email, I won't use the one that Blogger sends when you start following.  Just say in the comment you would like me to delete the comment instead of posting it, I will do what you wish. 

I respect your privacy.  I don't like getting a bunch of spam and I assume you don't either.  Sad thing about this, I do not have a degree in Cyber security.  I do not understand when Blogger says it is me gathering data when they are the ones making the ads not me.  Data mining is the process of using your log in information, your IP address and other personal information to learn more about you and sell your information to the highest bidder.  Facebook, Google, and many others......YOU are what they are selling to their investors.  Post pictures of your dog and you will get ads for dog food.  Post a rant about some political view you will get more of that too.  I post pictures, share pictures of art, nature and things I think amazing...My ads are about beautiful things.  Yes, they mine my data too.

This is more information from Google: I do not get any money from this blog.  Zip Zero Nada. 

http://www.cookiechoices.org/

What do I need to do?

While the GDPR is still very new, there’s guidance from data protection authorities and other groups (see below) across Europe on what is required to comply with both the GDPR and the e-Privacy Directive. We also recommend seeking legal advice on what’s right for your website or app, though we recognize that many publishers don’t have access to legal advice.
There are vendors that offer tools or solutions to add a consent function to your website, some of which are free of charge. For example:
These solutions can be configured in different ways, to address the needs of your site. It's important to note that such configurations won't control the data collection or cookies on your site automatically.
So if you're using third party advertising services, such as Google’s, you'll need to take steps to integrate your preferred solution with the advertising tags on your pages to make sure your users' preferences are respected. Each vendor offers instructions or support services for doing this.
For Google, you can find more information on the EU User Consent Policy help page. If you are a publisher and use Google services, you may want to consider the tools we offer to help our publisher partners with compliance:
  • AMP: User control components in AMP to support consent requests
  • AdMob: SDK updates and availability of new APIs
  • Funding Choices for user consent: Solution to help publishers gain consent for serving personalized ads to EEA users. (For more details, please contact your Google account manager.)
Test carefully any implementation of these tools on your own site.
I hope I covered all the bases and Blogger hopefully did its job in other countries.  I'll see if I can see what they posted.  Enjoy your day.  Ruth



No comments: