Monday, September 3, 2018

Sharing Fun

Today I shared my joy of pour painting with someone else.  Her ideas are way ahead of mine.  She plans to use the pour painting as a background to other paintings.  It is a beautiful idea.  We had a great time exploring pour painting.  Different colors and techniques led to a total of 5 different paintings.  It was fun sharing what I enjoyed.  I realized that fun for me is sharing something beautiful.

My sister reminded me to stop being so hard on myself.  The other thing I learned that some of the games I play are not about having fun.  They are either distractions or road hazards to slow down my racing mind.  Life is too much, 5 minutes playing a mindless computer game puts a check on my thoughts and brings them back into a more reasonable pace.  How do I know this?  A meme online shared the joke and it struck a cord with me.

I spent 5 minutes alone with my thoughts, remind me to never do that again....very scary.


No comments: