Monday, December 6, 2010

Acceptance

Innerkiddies continues to be a daily inspirational quote that I keep reading.  Sometimes I delete but other times something comes in my email that is so profound that I think and ponder about it for a long time.  This is one of them: 
Until you make peace with who you are, you’ll never be content with what you have.
Doris Mortman
Someone asked me recently how I integrated.  I realized that the first thing I did was make peace with who I was as a multiple.  I became really good friends with all the parts of me.  When I integrated, it was like all my best friends were with me forever.  Making peace with who I am right now brings a contentment I used to dream of.  

3 comments:

mulderfan said...

So happy for you, Ruth. Short but meaningful post.

Hugs, mulderfan

Judy said...

Hi Ruth,

Yes it's very important to make peace with who God has made us to be. We are virtuous, holy, blameless, righteous women of the Most High God! We are his beloved children, precious, honored in His sight. It's much easier to make peace with who we are when we look at ourselves through God's eyes. Looking at ourselves through His eyes is the most important thing we can ever do. It's the only thing we should do. Because what He thinks about us is our Truth.

Blessings,
Judy

Ruth said...

Thanks Mulderfan.

Judy you have a lovely perspective. I appreciate Mother Teresa's quote:
God is even kinder than you think.