Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Another year passing

Age brings wisdom, or age shows up alone, You never know!

Quote I found while looking through old post from KavinCoach.  One of the things KavinCoach said would happen to every person was everyone went through being a teenager.  He gave me a detailed description of a teenager and he accurately described what all my children went through.  It was a wild time especially when 5 of them were teenagers all at once.  After KavinCoach finished his description I wondered why he was telling me all about being a teenager since all my kids had grown.  Comprehension finally dawned on me.  I went through the teen years without ever being a teenager.  I was horrified at the thought that I would still have to be a teenager.  Are you kidding me?  (My granddaughter loves to say this.)  Well, I now consider myself a 13 year old with 40 years experience.  Like all teenagers, I am exploring relationships.  The progress this year is I have a great relationships with all my grandkids.  I loved it in when our 20 month old grandson saw me and ran towards me then about 5 feet away turned around and backed up until I could pick him up and set him on my lap.  Christmas day we played with their toys and had a grand time.  My own kids I enjoy sitting down and visiting.  They are such amazing people and have brought other amazing people into our lives through marriages and friendships.  I am in awe of the wonderful relationships I have with my kids and grandkids.  This year marked a wedding, a baby born, and an engagement so our family is expanding.  I discovered a long time ago that my heart expands with it.  I am thankful this year at the wonderful growth in our family.  I just hope being a teenager now will go REALLY quickly.      

2 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Ruth,

Love your post. You are truly blessed for having the family you have. Praise the Lord.

Now, on the subject of being a teenager. I wouldn't go back to those years if you paid me. ... lol ...

Blessings to you and your family in the New Year!

Judy

Ruth said...

I don't want to either. KavinCoach reassured me that it is part of the process of living. Teen years were very difficult the first time but I was focused on surviving not growing up. I missed the stages that apparently are a requirement. I think it is like the steps of grieving, everyone goes through the same steps but not always in the same order.