Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Still withdrawn

Last day of school was last Friday.  I'm still not venturing out.  I finally postponed my dentist appointment that I knew for weeks I needed to change.  I still haven't contacted my other doctors.  It is like once I am in "Withdrawn" mode I am very reluctant to venture out again.  I need to go out tomorrow for several reasons.  I want to join my sister for breakfast but I don't want to deal with hardly anything.  I am doing some cleaning.  The floor feels much nicer after mopping.  I am gathering wads of dog hair to go in the trash.  I found my kitchen sink.  I actually made a couple of meals to eat.  Nothing wild but tasty.  (I love tomato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich.)  I want to see friends but that means leaving the house.  Oh dear.  I thought I was doing fairly well....Now I realize I am still hiding out.  Heavy sigh.  May be tomorrow will get me going. 


2 comments:

mulderfan said...

Ruth, I was a teacher for 33 years and after 22 years of attending university every summer, I made it a rule to "withdraw". I stayed home and saw no one (especially fellow teachers) for the 1st 2-3 weeks of summer break. Cleaning my house from one end to another was kinda therapy, along with cooking the kind of meals I didn't have time(energy?) to cook when I was working and just hanging out in my backyard. Luckily, I married a teacher who adopted the same routine!

Nothing wrong with a bit of self-care! Sometimes withdrawal is exactly that...self-care!

Ruth said...

Thanks mulderfan. I appreciate you sharing you experience. Hugs.