Sunday, October 31, 2010

Looking for good

Quote sent by Innerkiddies:


I am at a place in my mind where I can see goodness and love in my life.  As I see the goodness all around me it allows me to accept even more.  All I have to do is be open and alert to accept the good that is mine.


Interesting thing about seeing good or bad is you see what you focus on.  I did some photography experiments where I would focus on something good in a scene then I would refocus the camera on something unpleasant in the same scene.  The picture became what ever the main focus emphasized.    


Another quote that I kept on my bedroom door as a teenager:


You can morn because rose bushes have thorns or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.  


Hardest thing about counseling was during the sessions I focused on what was wrong with me.  I wanted to fix why I would get so confused, depressed, anxious, angry, and all the other problems I faced.  But when I only focused on these things I felt more and more like I was a bad person.  I am working on learning balancing understanding why depression seems to sneak up on me at every corner and learning that sometimes I just need to turn around and look at the bright and beautiful.  I purposely sign up for websites that send happy and uplifting thoughts or pictures.  If their overall message is negative I get off their email list.  I like Zig Ziglar's comment:  


“People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.”


Hope you have a Happy Halloween. 

No comments: