Monday, May 19, 2014

Turn out best

Things turn out best for people who make the best out of the way things turn out.  Quoteslife101.net

DH and I watched a special interview with Carol Burnett.  I grew up watching her show and seeing her on TV and movies.  Her life is extraordinary.  She also shared her experiences with her daughter.  Their ups and downs and challenges and finally her daughter's fight with cancer.  This is part of another interview that Carol shared her daughter's perspective:

She had an outlook on life that was so positive. It was amazing to me and when she was in the hospital, you know, for the last time one of the nurses came up to me on the floor and she said, "I have to tell you something." She said, "Your daughter cheers us up when we go into the room." And I asked Carrie how does she do it? How does she, you know, be so cheerful all the time?" And Carrie's response was, "Every day I wake up and decide," and this is, she said, "I decide today I'm going to love my life." 
http://thedianerehmshow.org/shows/2013-04-10/carol-burnett-carrie-and-me-mother-daughter-love-story/transcript

I agree with Carrie, I woke up and decided to love my life.   Sometimes I have to remake the decision several times during the day, that is where persistence is helpful.  Too often I waited for a special set of circumstances for me to be happy, after I graduate, after I get organized, after I ......you get the idea.  I kept waiting for the special circumstances.  Now I know every morning is another opportunity for me to decide.  I had cancer, it tore me up and took a piece of me.  I agree with Carrie I wake up and decide.  I went through years of counseling and the torment of facing an ugly childhood.  I wanted my life to be different.  When I accepted my life and learning to love the woman I became from these experiences, I learned along the way that I can wake up and decide to love my life.  Not easy some mornings, after a night filled with nightmares.  But I am determined to decide my future.

 

No comments: