Sunday, February 21, 2016

Catapult

I feel like one of those cartoon characters that was catapulted into space with their mouths open cheeks flapping is the soar through the air knowing a crash is coming.  I never intended to be substitute teacher when I secured my certificate.  I did it strictly to stop criticism of me working with student without a teacher present.  Now through a series of events that I have zero control over I am now a part time substitute teacher.  I am in shock.  I just finished my first week.  By Friday, I crept into the classroom during lunch and locked the door so I could eat alone.  I was exhausted.  I am trying to make the best of a weird and difficult situation.  I am realizing today this change is having quite an impact on me.  I went with my family to the Renaissance Festival.  I gleefully took pictures of costumes to prepare for a lesson at the end of the year about making costumes.  I talked with one of the people dressed up.  I asked for a picture and explained why I was doing it.  She directed me across the path to one of the ladies in charge of all the costumes at the Ren Fair.  I visited with the second lady and she gave me her card with the assurance she would be happy to come talk to the class.  Wow, wow, wow.....I am so far out of my comfort zone.  I keep remind myself that my goal this year was to stretch and get out of my comfort zone.  I succeeded. 


No comments: