Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Follow up on eating crow

I apologized to a student that I was badgering because I was frustrated by his attitude.  I backed off and rethought what was best for the student.  I proposed a plan of action to the student which happened to dove tail with concerns by other teachers.  I am working hard at remembering that I get paid the same whether a student passes or fails.  Reaching the student is about the student not me.  School still drains me until I feel so worn out I hardly function when I get home.  I am writing less, reading less, exercising less since all my energy is poured into school.  I am working at resetting boundaries that I let down in the need to try to be a wonderful teacher instead of just being me.  Not so wonderful but a lot easier to get along with because anxiety goes down. 


No comments: