Sunday, April 3, 2016

Over worked

And over whelmed....there is a reason I am the teacher assistant and not the teacher.  I am exhausted but can't sleep.  Each morning is a challenge to simply wake up, I don't want to.  My shopping cart bares the evidence of sugar diet demands to feed the need to comfort, sadly not enough sugar in the store to dull my anxiety.  I'm not doing very well at all.  I'm carefully counting the days until I am out of school.  This was a tough, tough year. 

This is one of the pages I found on facebook

"We accept the love we think we deserve." ~ Stephen Chbosky

Grooming is a real, true and horrific process. Pedophiles know and target victims that will love them no matter what.They intentionally and methodically seek out specific children.They work hard at establishing chosen relationships and manipulating their victims into thinking they deserve to be treated less than what they are. It's a disgusting and disturbing reality but children often defend their abuser because in the child's mind, they are loved. 
Sexual abuse is so often about power and control. What's more powerful than convincing someone they are only worthy of love under specific conditions? That stays with a child, that message of being worthless. You spend the rest of your life trying to reclaim what you think you lost but in reality it was something that was taken from you. Innocence and the ability to develop healthy relationships with others and yourself. Reclaiming that is often far more complicated than just knowing you were taken advantage of.

No comments: