Thursday, September 23, 2010

Weekly Scripture

I was trying to decide to how to introduce the weekly scripture perfectly.  I commented on someone else delaying something on their blog because they wanted to do it perfectly.  I understand now that my rude comment to them was more addressed to myself.  I was really angry with myself that I kept putting off adding a scripture because I couldn't figure out how to do it perfectly.  I did apologize to the other person because they didn't need my negative judgment.  So very imperfectly, I just added my first scripture of the week.  I thought about a daily scripture but I think things through very slowly sometimes.  Plus, I like to explore all the different angles.  I don't do that easily in a day.  I figured a week would give me time to think and contemplate why each particular scripture seems so important.  Another thing to note is I will usually use the King James Version.  I will also check out other versions because sometimes another perspective is helpful in understanding scriptural writing.  I have a special place in my heart for the KJV.  When I was around 10 years old my parents took me to a monster, used book sale held in a huge barn at the Fair Grounds.  I could buy one book.  I bought an old dilapidated Bible for ten cents.  I was so proud of my purchase.  I still have the old book tucked away on my book shelves.  I hated reading but I actually read the New Testament before I was 12 years old.  Somewhere amidst my worse years, I clung to these words when very few words of encouragement were tossed my way.  Usually, there was name calling and bully teasing.  At age 12 I didn't understand all that I read but there was no mistake about Jesus wept.  He cried for someone else not himself.  He felt great emotion for others who were grieving for Lazarus.  Jesus knew he could raise Lazarus from the dead.  He didn't cry for Himself.  He cried for the anguish that others were feeling.  I would sometimes imagine that Christ would weep for me.  I did finally believe that He does.  He sees me hurting and Jesus wept.         

John 11:35   Jesus wept. 

No comments: