Monday, June 3, 2013

Keep moving

"Achievement seems to be connected
with action. Successful men and
women keep moving. They make
mistakes, but they don't quit."
- Conrad Hilton

Click Here For Success Tip # 007
 

Don't dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer.
― Denis Waitley
You'll get there one day.  http://roots2blossom.wordpress.com/2013/05/28/youll-get-there-one-day/


Getting stuck, going nowhere fast, spinning your wheels, are all terms used when little or no progress occurs.  When I worked so hard at counseling then find myself melting down over the same stuff I would feel so frustrated.  I learned that sometimes when everything seems to be stopped I need to rest.  Refocus as to what my goal is.   Maybe I need to adjust my goal.  Whatever I decide at that moment giving up is not an option.  When I decided to go to counseling, I took giving up off the table of options.  The interesting thing about removing an option it freed up my attention and energy to look for what could be done.  I also kept in mind that if I try to exert power over what I do not control then I will always fail.  Refocus on what I can change.  Rethink if the goal is what I need to do.  Reassess where I am spending my time and energy.  I believe there is real value in checking in with yourself.  It is frustrating for me when I spend a lot of time and energy working towards something I don't actually want.  A few years back I went to a class reunion.  One of my very motivated friends worked hard to become a great lawyer.  She succeeded and hated it.  She was quitting be a lawyer to run a bed and breakfast.  I realized if I am climbing a ladder that it is leaning against the right wall.  Sometimes I feel like I am staying in the same place because I am using all my energy in the wrong direction.   Sometimes staying marching in place keeps my muscles warmed up for when it is time to move.  


 
 

No comments: