Tuesday, April 1, 2014

What speaks to me in silence....

"I don't know, I guess I go to them because they're the places where you speak to me in a thousand silent ways."

-- e. e. cummings

 Born in the desert I return often to find quiet and peace.  Today, I was blessed with the sweetest feeling that I did not need to integrate to be acceptable to Christ.  I was already enough.  I integrated because of my desire to be whole since I wasn't born in pieces.  When I chose to integrate, I decided that I all came together or I stayed functioning as parts.  I came together however Christ accepted me before.  Today I embraced quiet my way with a camera in one hand and desert blooms surrounding me. 










 Be Still and Know that I am God.

4 comments:

jessie said...

Ruth, Beautiful pictures. I particularly liked the cactus and the water ones.
I like how much you observed and took in while sitting in your quiet.

Unknown said...

Hi Ruth

Thank you for sharing your beautiful photographs; Absolutely breathtaking!!

xx,Colleen

Cassandra said...

Wow; that butterfly one is quite a coup!

Ruth said...

Thank you everyone. I am happy that you enjoy them. I am blessed to be close to a botanical garden with a Butterfly pavilion.