Saturday, January 17, 2015

Rest in Hope....

Psalms 16:1, 7-9

 Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust.

 I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.
 I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
 Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.


Trust and hope allows for resting.   I have hoped not to have nightmares only to have them again and again.  Perhaps I need to change my hope and rest in hope.  Trust in God where lays my hope.  


Trust is a challenge for me.  I hadn't connected hope and trust as the dictionary did.  (See an earlier post http://weareone-ruth.blogspot.com/2015/01/hope.html) Here in Psalms 16 Trust is again aligned with Hope.  King David's reference to reins implies guidance.  The Lord's counsel guide King David.  The Psalm refers to David being teachable, putting his trust in God, placing God on his right hand meaning the important position in life, and he expresses his steadfastness.  He then concludes because of these things his heart is glad and he rests in hope.  I have a lot to ponder on these thoughts. 

No comments: