Thursday, October 22, 2015

Sleep and Cognitive Dissonance

I am sleeping which means I'm not blogging much.  I usually write my blogs between 10 PM and midnight.  Going to sleep means I'm not getting this done.  I really needed the sleep.  My job took a turn for a better but at whiplash speed which is very difficult for me to cope with all the changes especially when people that all think are my boss but aren't really are telling me what to do.  I accept the change but the adjustment still takes a while.

On another front, I experienced sneak attack by email.  Usually, I let it slide.  However, this time I am deciding not to let it slide.  I am pondering the answer.....I am check with my sister about possible fall out.  Yes, I am praying about it.  I am encountering real fear of how others will respond because I am very aware of the dangers of cognitive dissonance.

Thanks to Dictionary.com for this definition...

noun, Psychology
1.  anxiety that results from simultaneously holding contradictory or otherwise incompatible attitudes, beliefs, or the like, as when one likes a person but disapproves strongly of one of his or her habits.

People would rather punish the person making them uncomfortable than to examine the new evidence in the situation.  I know this first hand.  I'm not sure if I am sleeping to avoid what I am doing or my brain is in such overload that my body is demanding more sleep. 





2 comments:

Judy said...

Praying for you.

Jenafer said...

I'm sorry you are going through this. It is hard not knowing when or how to address an issue. Accepting and making the decision to act is powerful, and healing. Let yourself rest and prepare. When you are ready, the words will come. I love you.