Thursday, March 3, 2016

End in sight

One of the techniques I use for coping with big stuff is to acknowledge that the end is in sight.  In one week and one day this big project will be over.  I am making plans for the following week.  I am allowing myself to look beyond the intensity of the project.  Too often, I get hyper-focused on a difficult task and loose sight of anything else.  Putting a time limit or my own deadline gives me the illusion I am control of something in my life.  I am working at actively choosing ways to allow myself to relax along the way.  I am also accepting and acknowledging out loud that big stuff is scary for me.  Unfortunately, this can come across as anger or brusqueness.  I'm not unfeeling, I'm over whelmed by feeling.  Heavy sigh.  Counting the days.  7, 6, 5, 4.......

No comments: