Thursday, May 19, 2011

Crumbs

One of the hardest things about integration is TIME.  For over 45 years of my life, I did not have a time continuum.  Time came in bits and pieces and was lost in whole chunks.  Like where was I for the last week and no matter how hard I tried I had no way of knowing.  Now I still struggle with time.  I plan for an event for Saturday and then I plan an event on May21st without realizing these are the same day.  I am planning to help someone on a certain day of the week and even though I have been told repeatedly which day, my mind can keep it straight.  I am tired and cranky and have only one more day until summer break.  (working for a school means that I have 2 months of mandatory unemployment.  Like being laid off without any pay but your medical insurance is still good.)  I have several summer projects that I am very excited about.  Need to sleep, but I am too tired to sleep.  Just plain feeling off tonight.

5 comments:

mulderfan said...

Yuck! I remember the two months without pay! I never could budget for it and DH and I were BOTH teachers! Then our union negotiated an option to have our salaries prorated over 12 months...heaven!

Always had that feeling of profound tiredness deep in my soul toward the end of the school year and the students were worn out too! So, toward the end of my career, after I stopped taking courses every summer, I had a two week rule.

For two weeks, I wouldn't see anyone except DH and DD, who were NOT allowed to mention school. I cleaned my house thoroughly from top to bottom, cooked great food, lounged at the pool in the evenings and just RENEWED! Then I was refreshed and human again!

Another example of how important it is to simply take care of ourselves because we deserve it!

Take time to relax Ruth...put the projects on hold and don't forget to say the Serenity Prayer.

Hugs from mulderfan!

Anonymous said...

Seems to be going around. Hang in there. ~Judy

Ruth said...

Thank you mulderfan and Judy for understanding.

mulderfan that sounds like a great plan. Unfortunately I am already committed to babysitting grandson. But now that I think about it that is my way of renewing myself. We are going to have a blast.

Jonsi said...

Ruth, I too, see the potential need for a mini-vacation for you! It sounds like you need some time to rejuvenate and relax.

Ruth said...

I like the sound of it but not sure what it would look like. Need to think about this. Thanks Jonsi.