Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Art therapy ideas

This is a link to 100 ideas to start but it is not an exhaustive list.  

http://www.nursingschools.net/blog/2011/01/100-excellent-art-therapy-exercises-for-your-mind-body-and-soul/


Start simple: A box of Crayons, colored pencils, or markers.
A blank piece of paper or a coloring book if a blank page feels intimidating.

Just the beginning....how about water and flour paper mache...have access to a bunch of silk flowers? Take them apart and use the pieces as your color.  Start with kid projects to get past the fear of doing things 'perfectly'.  I spent many hours coloring just before my counseling appointments.  In my work at a high school teaching students to working with children, I encountered all sorts of projects.  One of the art lessons I liked was spray bottles filled with liquid water colors.  Big old sheet hung out side and 3 different bottles of colors and spray away.  Styrofoam carves fairly easily, cover it with strips of paper dipped in wall paper paste, makes amazingly strong 3 dimensional creations.  Nervous about dipping into art, try taking a class.  Give yourself permission to not do things perfectly.  My book, below has several pictures that I created.



How I think

No comments: