Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Rekindled

“In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.” Albert Schweitzer


“Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel”

Socrates quotes (Ancient Greek Philosopher, 470 BC-399 BC)

This weekend I get the opportunity to once again to listen to a teacher I had in high school.  The man made a tremendous difference in my life.  In high school, I already forgotten my childhood.  I was suicidal and in turmoil.  This teacher encouraged me to gain a personal relationship with my Heavenly Father and accept Jesus as my Savior.  He made a difference.  

I graduated and went on to college.  I married and had a beautiful family with DH.  My past tormented me with nightmares I couldn't remember and fears that made no sense without knowing where they came from.  My internal flame was almost out.  Counseling rekindled that flame.  For me, my counselors educated me in living.  Dissociation dims and eventually snuffs out a person's inner flame.  My counselors rekindled my flame and added fuel to the fire.  

I am thankful for friends that meet me for lunch or the internet that touch my heart and fan my flame brighter and brighter.  I am filled with appreciation to many people that have shared their inner flame with me.  The power of sharing a flame is that the sharing does not diminish either flame.  






1 comment:

TR said...

Thank you to sharing your stories. This is a beautiful post. xxoo TR