Sunday, November 10, 2013

Prayers

I had a most amazing weekend listening to speakers for two days sharing their testimonies of Christ at Time Out For Women.  One of the speakers was my teacher in high school.  He shared his views on different types of prayers.  He talked about the grief he felt when his wife died three years ago.  He told how he poured out his grief to the Lord.  He explained that sometimes we need to pour out so the Lord can pour in His peace or answer to our partitions.  He also talked about wrestling prayers.  This is when praying for an answer we struggle with it.  I am very familiar with this kind of prayer as I struggled with overcoming depression.  Then he shared about prayers of quiet.  These prayers are times when we start the prayer then we quietly feel God's love without saying anything at all.  Each speaker was just so amazing.  This weekend I will remember for a long time.  I am thankful to those that leave their families to share with others words of peace, love, encouragement and Christ.  It was a beautiful weekend.  I hope all of you enjoy your weekend too.

No comments: