Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 Theme

The Best is Yet to Come....

Or for a more likely year, "Buckle up  Buttercup, we're in for a wild ride."

I took most of today off from exercising, cleaning, and worrying.  I focused on projects I want finished, watching the Rose Bowl Parade, and visiting/texting with kids and grandkids. 

I thought about writing a post and nothing seemed quite right.  Then tonight on Facebook, my daughter posed the question, "What words or phrases should be eliminated in 2014?"  I couldn't think of just one...a bunch came popping to mind...

That's impossible...
I can't.....
I have to......
I don't have time....
I am just not good at that....

Then as I sat there, I thought this year 'The Best is Yet to Come.' This is a statement I am embracing this year.  Another friend posted her status and I thought about her up coming year with many changes for her...that is when I popped up with "Buckle up Buttercup, we're in for a wild ride."  I also know that no matter what goal I set, someone else will set a harder one.  (Another friend posted their daily exercise schedule.  What he is doing in a day would take a month for me to do.)  With my statement of yesterday I am going to start where I am.  My book that is below, I have a page about blooming where I am planted.  I actually have quite a collection of precarious places plants grow.  Did you know that a plant can split a rock?  A tiny crack, a bit of dust and a little rain can help a plant get started....sinking hairy roots into the crack seeking water and nourishment.  The roots function like a wedge, sliding into the rock then thickening and growing pushing pressure on the weak places until it creates a spot for itself to bloom.  I found a niche for me to grow in.  I am gaining strength and nourishment.  I am learning about thriving.  I am healthier, happier, and stronger than any other time in my life.  This year 'The Best is Yet to Come.'


In celebration of the Rose Bowl parade I attended 2 years ago:




Dawning of a New Year:

 


Tenacious:






2 comments:

cat said...

Nice post. I would like to follow your blog, but cannot seem to find hw to join, other than Facebook, which I don't have

Ruth said...

On the right-hand side above Followers is a button that allows Google, Yahoo, twitter or other log ins to follow. Or you can book mark it and I usually update every day. Thanks for your interest.