Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Both sides now

Cassandra commented on yesterdays post that "You've looked at clouds from both sides now.... ;)"  Her words warmed my heart.  Driving to work I was singing "I've looked at clouds from both sides now..."(Joni Mitchell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCnf46boC3I&list=FLKejMhBXAfB7HBoPg9tPftA&index=2)
Tears were flowing as I sang the song.  I first learned the song when I was in high school.  I loved it then and understand it now.  Bridging gaps into my past loosens emotions long buried, forgotten in the sands of time, music tends to sink my mind into an image and becomes mine.  Perhaps some day I'll use my own photos to illustrate this beautiful song. 








4 comments:

mulderfan said...

A few times I've been on a plane that has taken off in a rain storm and flown up above the clouds. When you suddenly break through to the sunshine above it is an awesome experience. Both sides of clouds have something to offer. It's all about perspective!

Ruth said...

That is so true.

Cassandra said...

:) Ah, the power of music....

Gorgeous pics! I love what you do with reflections, especially that rear-view mirror one. Not many people would think of that.

Ruth said...

Thank you Cassandra. I am fascinated by reflections and it is just amazing where I find them.