Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Dare to Move On...

"All life is a chance. So take it!
The person who goes furthest is the one
who is willing to do and dare."
- Dale Carnegie 


When I first started blogging, I became immersed in a group of friendly bloggers that encouraged one another. Then crap happened. I was shook up. Uncertain. Sad. I backed off from venturing to far outside my little blog and a few recommended by my sister. I found out that in blogsville, people are still people. Several quotes on blogs and Facebook are reminding me that sometimes you meet a person for a reason and sometimes that reason is to learn something the hard way. Sometimes the issue is not about me at all. I just got caught in the crossfire. I changed my list of Inspiration blogs on the right hand side.  Some of the bloggers simply moved on and stopped blogging all together.  Others moved there blog with no forwarding address.  Some I stopped reading because I realized I am growing in a different direction.  blogsville is not much different then real life.  I used to remind people that real people sit at keyboards tapping out all the myriad of posts and comments swirling out on the Internet.  Real life I meet people and we seem to get along then things change and I loose touch with them because we go different directions.  Living a life time of chaotic changes triggered by PTSD leaves me off balance.  I become afraid to change and move on.  Then something happens and a bit of light is shown on my path and some of my fear subsides and I take a small step in a new direction.  Nothing too wild, I've had enough wild in my life time.  I am trying something new in real life, I joined a group of people at work that are taking the weight loss challenge.  I already lost a lot of weight but the holidays put me in a holding pattern to just survive.  Nothing to wild just patiently hold on to get through a trigger filled land mind called Christmas.  Now I am joining a group of like minded people that want to work at loosing weight.  They made a game out of it.  I am already a little discouraged. One of the requirements is 7.5 hours of sleep a night.  I sleep that long maybe once a month.  I was reassured that my shorter hours of sleep is acceptable.  I am going to work at sleeping more.  Perhaps have a goal of going to bed at the same time and not pulling 2 AM game playing or reading to avoid sleep.  The group is 16 people of varying ages, sizes, and backgrounds.  Communication is encouraged with in the group to encourage each other.  There is even a rule about no sabotaging by baking a cake for someone else in the group.  I decided that I am going to use the opportunity to kick start loosing the last pounds I had in my goal from last May.  I have a few more months.  I'll see how this goes.  It is very different from anything I have ever done before.  I am Daring to Move On...a little.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Hanging on to every relationship, no matter how damaging, is also something we were taught. You are doing so great!

Ruth said...

Thanks Judy.