Thursday, January 9, 2014

Feel Better?

If illnesses were treated like mental illnesses.
Graphic images.
http://m.imgur.com/r/funny/CWFTYoV

 I found this image on Facebook.  Since copyright issues are a bit dicey, I am placing a link here on my blog because the image isn't mine.  I noticed on more than one occasion that people without any experience with mental illness have all sort of 'wonderful ideas' to help out that make absolutely no sense.  (I really want a sarcasm font.)

The picture covered some of them.
A few that come to mind:

Just let it go.
Get over it.
Think only positive thoughts.
It will all be better in the end.
Do you feel better today?

I decided that I really need to think of some answers that would meet my need of a pithy statement.  I am not sure I even want to maintain a relationship with a person making such statements but on the other hand burning every bridge sounds like a dicey choice.   I am going to try a few.  If you come up with one, please, post in comments and I will add them to the post.

Just let it go.  Answer:  I did, it came crawling back.

Get over it.  Answer: I am too short, I can't get my leg over.

Think only positive thoughts.  Answer: I tried that and got bored.

It will all be better in the end.  Answer:  I decided to not get to the end, so I want another alternative.

Do you feel better today?  Answer:  Oh yes, I felt much better; is my lying good enough now?

Did I mention I am feeling completely out of sorts but the germs took a retreat and I am back at work.  So I guess I feel better today.  :-p







Chihuly at Phoenix Desert Botanical Garden....taking pictures of his work makes me very happy.  :)

2 comments:

TR said...

That is too funny and sadly true how mental illness is viewed. Love your come backs! xxTR

Ruth said...

I'm glad you enjoyed them TR.