Wednesday, March 5, 2014

NAILED IT

My daughter is coming to visit....I'm so excited.  She has a line of clothes for women that are pole dancers.  She teaches pole, too.  When a person learns and masters a new move on the pole, they NAILED IT.  This morning I woke up thinking about how I am learning new skills in living.  When I get it mastered, I NAILED IT.  Then I got thinking about the NAILS in my life.  I realized that early in my counseling KavinCoach worked at getting me to recognize the NAILS.  The things in my life that hold me together.  One of the interesting things about multiple personalities is basic core values that carry through all the personalities.  I couldn't see this at first because I felt my personalities were so different from each other.  Slowly KavinCoach helped me to see that there were certain NAILS that governed my behavior.  One such NAIL was a desire to please others.  In and of itself not a 'bad' thing.  Where it became a stumbling block instead of a nail is when narcissistic, psychopathic, manipulators, or abusers recognized this trait and used it to control me.  Only one nail and wood will spin around it.  So KavinCoach worked at getting me to see the other nails I have.  For me this included, my faith in Jesus Christ, my belief in a loving Heavenly Father, my determination, and this list became longer and longer as the sessions proceeded.  I realized this morning that KavinCoach was teaching me to see the NAILS in my life because these are the things that build my boundaries.  I need to know my own NAILS to build the boundaries that protect me.  It is healthy to have NAILS.  Abusers purposely convince their victims that boundaries are selfish, 'bad', and they can cross them anytime they want to and the victim can do nothing about it.  As a child, that is fairly easy to do.  As an adult that didn't know I had any NAILS it was fairly easy to do.  Now I am starting to see that knowing my NAILS my core values learning to NAIL IT with my new skill sets, I am rebuilding my foundation and boundaries.  I needed to know that I  can NAIL IT.  I needed to know that I could NAIL IT.  I probably will never take a pole class, I've seen the bruises my daughter gets, but I think I will still get the shirt with NAILED IT because I am learning new skills and I NAILED IT. 

2 comments:

Cassandra said...

Yes. Yes you did.

Ruth said...

Thanks Cassandra.