Thursday, March 6, 2014

Uniquely ME

If you water yourself down to please people or to fit in or to not offend anyone, you lose the power, the passion, the freedom and the joy of being uniquely you. It’s much easier to love yourself when you are being yourself. — Dan Coppersmith
http://positiveoutlooksblog.com/2014/02/25/the-joy-of-being-uniquely-you/ 


Positive Outlook Blog is back...a few weeks ago it temporarily disappeared. I like the quotes posted there. I don't always agree but they do make me stop and think. I also tend to look up who they are quoting which led me to this blurb about Dan Coppersmith:
http://www.selfgrowth.com/experts/dan_coppersmith.html

I learned from my sister, Judy, that knowing who said it is as important as what they say.  I agreed with her when I thought of all the times my mother would spout off a quote that by her behavior I realized she had no idea what she was talking about.  Plus the quote puts things back in context of the speaker.  I also find some really interesting blogs.  This quote is on quite a few other blogs.  Part of my journey out of depression required me to Journey to the Center of ME.  I needed to know who I was and what I stood for and how to build healthy boundaries.  All of these things were essential to rebuilding me.  

Starting a truth campaign starts with stop lying to myself.  I gave my power away in trying to conform and fit in with someone else's opinion of what I should be.  KavinCoach pointed out the questionable sanity of allowing my abuser to define me.  Taking back my power, reigniting my passion, recognizing my freedom and experiencing my joy of being me is motivation to stay the course.  I spent ten years in counseling to find out who I am and the power that was in me all along, I didn't know it.  The red slippers were on my feet the whole time, I needed to know that I had to click my heels 3 times.  Counseling is as confusing and difficult as living in OZ and I am so thankful to be home at last.  



Counseling helps to straighten out my world

No comments: