Saturday, August 8, 2015

Ups and downs

I just finished the first week of school.  I am learning a lot about flexibility.  Almost everyday things look a little different or sometimes a lot different about my job.  Today I was reminded why I do this.  A student was talking to the teacher about maybe not being in fashion since her taste in clothing she considered different than 'normal'.  Both the teacher and I assured her that we like different and I quipped normal is a setting on a drier.  I needed the reminder myself.  I am trying to fit someone else's idea of normal.  I get all stressed out.  My first motto for the school year was 'enjoy the second mile.'  I think I may change that theme to "Courage to be myself."  I am a little different.  I need to allow that difference to shine through and enjoy who I am.


No comments: