Saturday, July 9, 2011

Against the Wind

Henry Ford
When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.  Henry Ford


Sometimes living feels like everything is against you.  Bad day piles up on bad day.  One disaster after another.  Wakening to truth that changes you forever and in the process changing your direction.  At times in my life I have gone with the flow.  Allowing myself to be pushed a long.  Now I am setting my own direction and this feeling of going against the flow has been scary sometimes.  When I found this quote, I better appreciated the importance of going against the wind especially when truth is guiding me in a new direction.

4 comments:

mulderfan said...

Great quote!

Kiki said...

Ooooh. Good one!

Laurel Hawkes said...

You can't go kite flying on a calm day.

Ruth said...

Love it Laurel. :)