Monday, September 9, 2013

Get out

http://www.wikihow.com/Get-out-of-a-Depression
"If you're plagued by feelings of worthlessness, sadness, and lack of hope, then you may be suffering from depression. Depression is different from being in a bad mood or having a bad week---it's a debilitating condition that can prevent you from enjoying any aspect of your life. Although it may seem nearly impossible to achieve previous feelings of happiness, you can take control of your depression and be on the road to recovery with some simple lifestyle changes."


Wikihow is a popular place to go to find answers written and shared.   I was doing a search and stumbled across this one.  What interested me the most was it basically covered the general information that is accepted as ways to get out of depression.  What this article and most books don't share is how very difficult these steps can be.  I needed help from a counselor.  I tried all the different ideas at one time or another but rarely together.  One they left off is sometimes you need to see your medical doctor.  There are illnesses that can cause depression.  Medications also can act as depressant.  One of the medication recommended for cancer patients after surgery has a side effect of depression.  I remember talking to my oncologists and asking what my chances were with the medication when I already suffered from depression.  He candidly told me that I had a better chances with the cancer then taking the medication when I was already depressed.  Took me awhile to wrap my mind around the concept that depression on depression had a higher level of potentially lethal than cancer.  Most people underestimate how dangerous depression can be.  If you are aware you are feeling depressed...start getting out and seek help to do it if needed.  A gray life is a sad way to live. 



No comments: