Sunday, September 8, 2013

Team Building

Don’t look for someone who will solve all your problems. Look for someone who won’t let you face them alone. — Unknown

http://positiveoutlooksblog.com/2013/08/25/dont-look/


One of the challenges I faced was being a child to a mother that looked to me to solve her problems. If she felt overwhelmed, it was my fault for not helping more. If she felt sad, she expected me to make her happy by doing what she asked. If she felt threatened, she expected myself or someone else to protect her and make her comfortable. In her team building process, she expected others to rescue and save her from the results of her decisions.  This attitude bled over into her approach to Heavenly Father.  She wasn't too interested in following God's will as much as she was interested in asking God to fix things for her.  My life experiences taught me that really bad things happen.  Heavenly Father didn't interfere when I was hurt, humiliated or suffered.  As a teenager, I pondered deeply on the role Heavenly Father and Christ would have in my life.  I didn't just accept what I was taught at church or at home.  I questioned everything. 

I thought about what my role with Christ needed to be.  I prayed and asked the tough questions...God, are you there?  He answered, Yes.  God, do you love me? He answered, Yes.  Are you going to help me out of this mess I am in?  He answered no, you will be strengthened, you will learn.  I felt so small and unprepared for the task at hand.  I was a mom to 3 beautiful little children.  I felt like I was messing up.  I didn't know what to do.  No one was around to rescue me and I knew that it was not my children's job to do that.  What I learned was Heavenly Father was very aware of who I am.  Christ promised to be always with me.  He suffered in Gethsemane and understood all that I felt.  I could never say to Him, "You don't understand my pain."  I added 3 more beautiful children to our lives.  I felt more overwhelmed than ever before by my responsibilities and the choices of others.  I was sick, tired, and feeling like I was messing up as a mom.  Again I prayed and asked, God, are you there?  He answered, Yes.  God, do you love me? He answered, Yes, I told you before.  I begged and said, "I can't continue to live this way. I can only be up 20 minutes a day.  I can't take care of my little family.  No one is rescuing me. Please, help me."  He gently and lovingly asked me, "What are you going to do about it?"  Whoa....wait....what?  And there it was, the unexpected answer.  I believe that as I struggled to raise our children and rebuild my body, I was never alone in my struggle.  I felt I was led to different answers but I didn't get any answers if I wasn't looking for them.  I believe with all my heart that Christ will guide and give suggestions to improve my life but I have to be moving.  I need to be doing what I can with what I have.  If I didn't know what to do, I needed to study from the books that surrounded me at home and in the library and now the internet provides a wealth of knowledge.  I couldn't just sit back and expect Heavenly Father to magically fix everything.  He sent His son, Jesus, to lead the way.  The one thing I learned about Jesus Christ, he kept moving.  He kept teaching. He kept going towards and through the tough stuff.  Because of what Christ did, I never need to feel alone.  He has walked through the worst so anything I am feeling, I can pour out my heart and He comforts me and assures me, I am not alone with Christ on my team.  




Christ started life in a manger surrounded my parents and shepherds.  He understands simplicity.

Angels help me see the beauty of the world.

Angels come in all shapes, sizes, and colors, I just need to open my heart to see them

Tho I walk by myself, I feel I am never alone, fore Christ is with me. 

No comments: