Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sharing a song

Hope in a song:

http://twentytwowords.com/2013/08/26/widower-submits-a-song-about-his-wife-of-73-years-to-a-songwriting-contest/


I found this on Facebook.  I think for me the miracle is between the young man that ran the contest and the gentleman that wrote the song.  It touched my heart that he wrote the song about his wife.  Touched my heart more when the young man recognized the value of his love shared in words.  These two men probably would have never met except for this beautiful song.  I am posting it here so that I know where to find it. 

2 comments:

Judith said...

That made me bawl like a baby. Thank you for sharing it.

Tundra Woman said...

When people see us old, grey, wrinkly, they can't imagine we too loved passionately, deeply, without reservation through all kinds of darkness as well as light. That we were given a gift in our partners that many others never experience. We knew it then, we know it now. It's not euphoric recall. We know with unshakable certainty love never does end.
TW