Thursday, September 26, 2013

Power in Deciding


"Strength does not come from winning
Your struggles develop your strength.
When you go through hardship
and decide not to surrender,
that is strength." 



I thought a lot about power this week. I looked up Cynthia Rothrock. Official web page http://www.cynthiarothrock.org/?page_id=15 Age of 13 she started taking Karate lessons.  Within 20 years she became an international champion.  She was entered into the Karate Black Belt hall of fame.  I found one of her movies and watched her fluid moves.  She was born the same year I was.  At a young age she explored and understood her own personal power.  At a young age, I was convinced that I had no power.  The essence of being a victim is the feeling of powerlessness.  To turn from victim to survivor, I recognized that there was something that kept me going.  KavinCoach couldn't believe it when I told him I could count on one hand how many times I stood up for myself and I could name all of them.  I watched a video of Cynthia Rothrock show ten ways a woman can defend herself from attack.  I also realized that all the karate in the world won't help me if I don't decide that I am worth fighting for.  I hit rock bottom over 10 years ago....I was left with 2 choices....self destruct or change.  The decision to change started the process.  It was that moment to decide not to surrender.  The choice to do whatever I had to do to become healthy.  


 


No comments: