Saturday, May 4, 2013

Appreciation


"There is more hunger for love and
appreciation in this world than for bread."
- Mother Teresa


Click Here For Success Tip # 036


One of the things that I always felt is a deep appreciation for so much that I am given. Starting out with spectacular sunshine.  Medication that keeps me healthy. Food to eat for breakfast.  Now, I can eat as much as I want for breakfast...I love that.  Friends on Facebook that post funny, beautiful pictures and light to thought provoking quotes and articles.  A job to go to and the car to take me there.  I appreciate how many truly courteous and drivers are on the freeway.  A job I enjoy that I actually feel like most days I do one to two things that make a difference for someone.  More lovely food, I am blessed to get lunch with the preschoolers that get lunches made by culinary class taught by chefs...oh yea.  Then an air conditioned car to drive home in... did I mention that we are already having 90+ degree F heat.  After a quick pat of an awesome dog we have, I can hustle off to the most amazing dance/exercise classes that help strengthen my body and keep me limber.  I am so glad my kids got me going with a Christmas gift that has blessed me for years.  I appreciate my DH that often feeds my sweet kitty.  Just go through a day and see how many things make life nice, pleasant, enjoyable.  Computers, music, cars, medication, food, friends, family of choice this list can go on and on and on....I used to ask my kids to tell them one thing good about their day.  You know after thinking a minute they could usually come up with more than one.  Appreciation doesn't solve my problems, it just reminds me that I have tools and support to find solutions. 






















No comments: