Thursday, May 23, 2013

When you're going through hell...

Keep going.


I can do anything for 5 minutes.  I've lived years at a time in 5 minute increments.

Slogging through thigh high mud focus on the next step and don't loose your shoes.

Hard times are not a punishment.  They are just crap that everyone hits at some point in their life. 

If you think someone else's life is all great, get to know them better.

Screwing up is not the end of the world.  Consequences will happen but if you are still alive, it's not over.

Shake it off and step up. http://weareone-ruth.blogspot.com/2011/02/shake-it-off-and-step-up.html

Feeling blue - Breathe.

'Ere you wander on through life brother, whatever be your goal -
Keep your eye upon the donut and not upon the hole.

Years ago I was sent a story in an email.  I didn't save it.  Wished I had.  The story goes that a guy was having a dream that he could see the cross he was carrying.  He was tired of dragging this huge cross with him everywhere he went.  He came to a door with a small plaque that said that he could place the cross inside then go around to another door and choose another cross.  He did just that.  When he walked through the second door he saw a huge array of monstrously huge crosses.  He picked his way through and around until he find a much smaller cross than all he saw.  He picked it up then recognized that it was his own cross he had to carry. 

What if.....
What if my life was easier, would I be as compassionate to my fellow life travelers?
What if I had all the money I wanted, would I know how someone else struggles?
What if I had never been sick, would I understand the suffering around me?
What if's can drive a person to believe they have nothing, for the focus is on what I don't have.
When I look at what I do have, I find my abundant life.

Tonight I talk to MyCounselor about my relationship with food.  I discovered that I am struggling to write about it.  I'll be interested to see if I can actually tell him.  I have enough to eat.  I am not going hungry.  I have an extra 50 pounds telling me I am not short of anything.  The fear of starvation is but a memory that refuses to fade.  Feel the fear and let it go.  


2 comments:

mulderfan said...

Thinking of you with love and support.

Mentalism said...

You point out something that I find rather sad, when you say "If you think someone else's life is all great, get to know them better."
I can't deny the truth in your statemnt, but isn't it sad? We all seem to wear masks, hiding our inner sadness, while we on the outside try to express absolute joy. I've been on a quest to find hapiness and inner peace for the last three years, and I do believe I've come a few steps closer, espicially when it comes to having a postive healthy mindset. However, everyday i have to see the faces of people in misery, which are all living their lives chastesising themselves. I want to spread happiness to everyone around me, but its so hard to keep positive, when all i see around me is sadness. I'm sorry for writing a comment with such negative energy on your blog, but your post really had me thinking, which I believe is a positive thing. Namaste, peace!