Friday, May 10, 2013

Little by little

"The greatest things ever done on Earth
have been done little by little."
- William Jennings Bryan

Click Here For Success Tip # 067

Change even massive change occurs a little at time. Mother's day is a time when I review my progress and how I am treating my children and their children.  Do I show them the respect they deserve?  Do I share myself in a caring and loving way?  Do I show them how much I appreciate what they do for me?  How am I doing as a Mom?

When I was a teenager, I swore I would never marry and never have children.  Heavenly Father blessed me with a nudge and reminder that He might have different plans for me.  I thought fine, if I have kids I am going to raise them differently.  Heavenly Father was right; I was blessed with 6 amazing children.  I have this theory, when I married, God asked for some volunteers to help out one of His injured children.  My 6 jumped up and down and said pick me.  Their childhood was not easy.  Their mother was so inconsistent that several figured out there was something a bit odd about mom well before counseling began.  Someday, I will give a speech that begins, "Every teenager believes their mother is crazy, my children have documentation."  My children are my biggest cheering squad.  They have encouraged me, helped me, and gone the extra 1000 miles that has me setting here crying thinking of all the wonderful things they have done for me.  I am so fortunate that I did not stick with my teenage vow not to have children.  When my counselor asked me how I decided what to do when I raised my children I answered, "Whatever my mother did, I did the opposite."  Wasn't perfect, wished I had known more, but I am so thankful for my 6 kids that call me Mom. 


1 comment:

TR said...

Happy Mother's Day - an inspiration for the rest. Hugs, TR