Monday, August 25, 2014

Wrapping my mind around Judgements

Robin Williams suicide sparked a firestorm of individuals condemning, pounding their chest and declaring that God will do this or that to him.  I am religious.  I believe that Christ put His arms around Him and counseled with Him....do I know God's mind? NO, but neither does anyone else.  No more than does anyone know RW's mind and heart.  No one will disagree that he suffered through out his life.  Invisible Shadow shared a compassionate perspective that not all will agree with.  I admire her compassion.  I believe Christ is compassionate....makes you think doesn't it? http://theinvisibleshadow.wordpress.com/2014/08/12/flying-free/

I realize that I keep coming back to this over and over again.  If I was still in counseling, I would be devoting many sessions trying to process through what I am feeling.  It is a subject that has pounced on me at night when I am at my lowest.  It haunts my nightmares.  I also keep a death count.  People will say that 'emotional abuse' doesn't kill you but I know that at this time there are 3 murders and 7 suicides in the wake of the pedophile that terrorized me.  Those are just the ones I know about.  There are hundreds of others that simply disappeared or I didn't try to keep track of them.  Occasionally, I am tempted to minimize or play down the severity of what happened.  Then I remind myself, I will not forget, I will remember those that suffered.  I will not turn my back on the seriousness of mental anguish caused by 'emotional abuse.'  I call emotional abuse cancer of the soul and in my opinion every bit as lethal.   When I had cancer, I encountered a poem in my oncologists office.

"What Cancer Cannot Do"

Cancer is so limited...
It cannot cripple love.
It cannot shatter hope.
It cannot corrode faith.
It cannot eat away peace.
It cannot destroy confidence.
It cannot kill friendship.
It cannot shut out memories.
It cannot silence courage.
It cannot reduce eternal life.
It cannot quench the Spirit.
Author: Unknown
 
 
This is what emotional abuse can do
 
It cripples love.
It shatters hope.
It corrodes faith.
It eats away peace.
It destroys confidence
It damages and often kills friendships.
It shuts out memories.
It silences courage
However It cannot reduce eternal life.  
Incredibly it doesn't always quench the Spirit......
If I can stay alive long enough to figure out how to beat back the darkest enemy....
A lethal killer that turns the person against them-self.  

Emotional abuse can be healed.  
It is not the end, until you die.   
I grieve for those that didn't see that the power of emotional abuse is smoke and mirrors lie.  

Please, don't let the abusers win.  
Each survivor I hope will fight to restore.....
 
Restore their love of themselves and others.
Restore their hope out of the ashes like a Phoenix.
Restore their faith in humanity and God.
Restore their peace when a storm rages around them.
Restore their confidence.
Restore their ability to have friends.
Restore their memories especially the good ones.
Restore their courage.  Go beyond survival and embrace the courage to thrive.
Believe again that Eternal Life is worth it.
Restore and heal their Spirit.
 
All this takes time.  I hope survivors can live long enough to find the Joy in Thriving.  
 
 
 
Takes time to get out of a deep pit.
 

 

No comments: