Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Gratitude

Every so often I feel a need to write about the many things I am grateful for.  Heavenly Father and Christ, my Savior, top the list.  Today I was contacted by 2 people that read my blog and they thanked me.  It feels nice to be appreciated.  I have another reader that reads and gives support in more ways than she will ever know.  She is an inspiration to me.  My sister helped me out of the cookie jar....to read the story go here: https://theprojectbyjudy.wordpress.com/the-cookie-jar/ She takes care of our dog in the middle of the day so I don't feel so guilty leaving her home alone. 

I am thankful for car trouble.  Yep, the car wouldn't go out of park.  However, it didn't stop working until it was in our driveway.  Mechanic told my husband the trick to get it working long enough to be repaired.  It was under warranty....no cost.  Woohoo.

I am thankful for traffic jams.  Time to sit quietly and sort things out.  I'm not going anywhere any way so I settle in for some quiet meditation.  I am thankful to kind drivers that let me into a busy lane.  I am fascinated that thousands of cars travel to and from work everyday with so few accidents. 

I am thankful for work.  I am a person that does much better working to get me out of my comfort zone.  I am especially blessed to work with some amazing people both student, staff, and little kids.  I love serving the little kid lunches.  They all cheer when I walk in the room.  For that moment, I feel like a rock star.  I get sweet little hugs.  It really lights up my day. 

I am thankful for service people.  Those wonderful individuals that nobody pay attention to but make my world just a little better.  The fellow that looked over the car I returned to get my car, the security people at work that stay watchful so we can relax and learn in the classroom, the lady the makes our copies, the chef that makes our lunches....yes we are blessed with a chef at our school.  Lunches are often spectacular. 

I am blessed every day in so many different ways I lose count.  That's ok, I will have many more blessings tomorrow.  I remind myself that I don't need to put a limit on blessings and not counting them all leaves more to count later. 







2 comments:

jessie said...

This was wonderful to read Ruth, and it really brightened one of my cloudier days.

Ruth said...

I'm glad it helped. Thanks for letting me know.