Thursday, March 19, 2015

Keep fighting

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Mark Twain


 Rarely is it recommended to keep fighting.  However, people tell you to NEVER GIVE UP....which is sometimes the need to keep fighting.  Spring break is a busy time for me.  I am catching up on activities, tasks, and visiting that I don't have time to do when I am working.  I am reading several blogs and Facebook posts about PTSD.  I am more and more convinced that being friends with PTSD will not happen.  I accept its existence in my life.  I appreciate some of the skills I learned because of it.  I understand that it is a learned reaction to extreme situations.  I don't live in those extreme situations any more.  However, if I try to coast and rest on my laurels, in no time, I am back sliding and spiraling downward.  I would love to have a vacation from PTSD but I suspect like the Maisie bird in Horton Hatches an Egg, I wouldn't want to take up the load again.  I don't have the option.  I don't have to be big.  I just need to keep fighting and never give up.  I don't need to be big, just really determined.

    

No comments: