Wednesday, March 11, 2015

More than

I am more than my past.  I am more than what I do.  I am more than what can be written on a page.  I am more than a picture.  I am more than the sum of my parts.


Too often in the medical field and in psychology a label is slapped on and nothing else is considered.  I had cancer over 13 years ago.  I was alarmed when some of the medical personal treated me as if I was a host to a disease that needed to be eradicated, if the host died, oh well.

These images were created that year in response to my reaction.




After cancer, I went to counseling.  For me, it was a relief to find out I had PTSD.  It made sense of some of my behaviors.  I have symptoms of PTSD but I am not PTSD.  It messes with my life but I am bigger than my mental illness.  I am still a woman with a big challenge. 


No comments: