Sunday, October 2, 2011

Admiring Artists

I am sharing today one of my artist's blogs.  Yes, I am claiming him as my artist.  Here's the deal.  What he paints touches my heart on so many levels.  What I like about this post is he shares another artist that he admires but then talks about becoming his best self.  I like the way he wrote this.

http://blog.mcnaughtonart.com/2011/10/my-favorite-artist.html

The way he wrote this really connected with my belief that I can admire the accomplishments, attributes, and behaviors of others without wanting to duplicate them.

Another one of my artists is NikonSniper.

http://nikonsniper.blogspot.com/

He has a wonderful sense of humor and a belief in Christ that he is proud to share.   His photographs are awesome.  He is one of the few people that I know that takes more pictures in a day than I do.  (Last Thursday I took over 400 pictures in the morning.) 

Interesting thing about artists is that this is what they are not just what they do.  I don't want to do the same thing as either one of them.  I am becoming my own best self.  The only disadvantage is I see all my own imperfections and looking at someone else from a far their imperfections are less noticeable.  From photography, I have learned the value of point of view and perspective.  Sometimes the person I am harshest too is myself.  I am thinking about many others that I admire and see qualities that I want to include in myself.  For me, the final test of something I want to include in myself, is this a quality I can imagine Christ having?  You know, that covers almost every positive quality.